Etiquette and Policies
Proper Library Etiquette:
- Enter the Library quietly.
- Do not bring opened food or drinks into the Library or Computer Lab.
- Be courteous to others.
- Throw away any trash and push in the chairs before you leave.
- Check out all materials at the Circulation Desk before you exit the Library.
- During class time, students must have a pass from their teacher in order to use the library.
- All items taken from the library must be checked out.
- Non-fiction and fiction books may be checked out for two weeks and may be renewed twice for an additional two weeks each.
- You may have a total of five items checked out at the same time.
- There is a $0.20 per school-day fine for overdue books.
- All lost or damaged items must be paid for. You may be charged a replacement cost, service charges, and/or fines.
- Reference books and periodicals (magazines & newspapers) are for use in the library only and may not be checked out.
- Most reference books may be viewed on-line as an e-book. Look for the blue “e” sticker on the reference book.
COMPUTER LAB POLICIES
- Sign in at the Circulation Desk.
- Sign on with your own log-on information.
- Do NOT log on to a computer for another person.
- Do not change the computer in any way.
- Do not place CDs in the computer without permission from Ms. Whitehouse.
- You are limited to printing 10 pages.
If you don’t follow the rules, you may lose your computer privileges.