Independence High School
Monday, September 9, 2019
“Early Out Bell Schedule”
· Congratulations to the Falcon Cross Country teams for their effort in our invitational on Saturday. The Girls Varsity team won their second invitational of the year. Phenomenal freshman Elena Baltazar led the way for the ladies followed by Star senior Alicia Muralles. Super-Sophomore Tori Suarez was next, followed by Team captain Hailee Julius. Freshman Ava Steward closed out the scoring for the ladies, followed by medalists Sidney Muralles and Amber Chatterton. Freshman Cynthia Fletes finished with a new PR for the ladies. The JV team was led by senior Judi Arnold and Freshman Brianna Calderon, while the Frosh-soph team was led by Jimena Rocha and Audrey Whitehouse. On the boys side, The Frosh-soph won their race with Cristian Galindo Salazar and Esteban Cox going 1-2. Josh Bell was fifth overall and Joshua De La Cruz was tenth to lead the boys. The JV Boys also won their meet as Alan Martinez and Andrew Moreno led the way. Varsity standout Anthony Gonzalez was third overall to lead the boys, while sophomore Frank Aquino also medaled. Way to go Falcons!!
· All Football teams and Cross Country will be taking pictures tomorrow after school. Please see your coach for and order form.
· Student store will be open after school to sell various items – they will be open @ 1:45 on Mondays, and 2:45 on Wednesdays and Thursdays
· Community Service Opportunity! "The Trees of Honor" event is held annually at the historic Union Cemetery. Breast cancer survivors and those who have lost their breast cancer battle will be honored at this event. They are looking for volunteers to help tie ribbons on the 1100 trees throughout the cemetery on Saturday, September 28th. Volunteers are needed from 8:00 AM to approximately 1:00 PM. See Mrs. Gillenwater in the counseling office to sign up and for details.Attention all students!
· Kern County College Night is TODAY at 5:00 to 8:00 at Rabobank.
· The CSF Drive for Spring 2019 membership begins TODAY and ends September 19th. You can download an application from the IHS website found under the 'Academics' tab or pick one up from the Counseling office before school, during your lunch or after school only. Remember to attach a copy of your report card or unofficial transcript. You now have the capability to print your own unofficial transcripts from StudentVue. Click on the 'Course History' tab to the left and then the blue 'unofficial transcript' button near the top
· Picture day is this Wednesday for all Freshmen. Freshmen will take pictures in their PE Classes. You must take a picture to be in the yearbook.
· The French Club will meet every Monday in room 813. Everyone is welcome! You don't need to be in a French class to be a part of the French Club.
· Hey Class of 2021, if you want to be involved in this year's homecoming come to room 619 this Wednesday, September 11th during lunch.
· Hey Falcons! Falcon Robotics will be having a meeting TODAY, September 9th, in room 1101 at 12:00 pm. We will be discussing future competitions in the next two months, and establishing robot building days!! This is open to all classes! See you there!!
- Daily Bulletin 9_09_19.pdf (177.60 KB)