Independence High School

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Educational Support Departments » Counseling » How To...

How To...

How to Apply for a Work Permit
  1. Get a job first.  
  2. E-mail Mrs.Gillenwater to arrange a time to get the application from the school.
  3. Fill out the application--student fills out a section, parent/guardian fills out a section, and employer fills out a section.
  4. Return completed application back to Mrs. Gillenwater.
  5. Mrs. Gillenwater processes the work permit. (this step may take 24 hours)
**Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA.  Grades are closely monitored and work permit can get revoked at anytime.)
How Parents Can Become a Parent Observer in Canvas
Benefits of becoming a Parent Observer in Canvas
1.  Parents will be able to monitor student's grades.
2.  Parents will gain insight into assignments and student progress.
3.  Parents can communicate with teachers.