Independence High School
Thursday, September 12, 2019
“Regular Bell Schedule”
· Volleyball today vs Highland. Games @ 4:00, 5:00 & 6:15 pm
· FS Football today vs Stockdale – game starts @ 5:00 pm
· All Volleyball, Tennis, Cross country and Ladies Golf team members will be taking their team pictures next Monday – please see your coach for an order form.
Please join me in congratulating this week’s RISE recipients!
Mrs. Zaletel – Elizabeth Sanchez – Demonstrating responsibility!
Mrs. Waybright – Andrew Freeman – Great classroom manners!
Miss Sherrill – Armaan Dhillion – Armaan was extremely helpful during the evacuation drill. Thank you for assisting Miss Sherrill on her scooter
Ms. McDonel – Edith Silva – Participation! Well done!
· Homecoming shirts are now on sale in the finance office for $10. Please pick up an order form in the activities office.
· Student store will be open after school to sell various items – they will be open @ 1:45 on Mondays, and 2:45 on Wednesdays and Thursdays
· The CSF Drive for Spring 2019 membership has begun and ends September 19th. You can download an application from the IHS website found under the 'Academics' tab or pick one up from the Counseling office before school, during your lunch or after school only. Remember to attach a copy of your report card or unofficial transcript. You now have the capability to print your own unofficial transcripts from StudentVue. Click on the 'Course History' tab to the left and then the blue 'unofficial transcript' button near the top
· The Pre-SAT will be offered on Wednesday, October 16th here at Independence. The price is $20. Juniors: You may purchase your Pre-SAT at the finance office starting next Monday, September 16th – 20th. Sophomores: Your purchase window will begin the week of September 23rd – 27th. Freshmen: Purchase your Pre-SAT starting the week of September 30th – Oct 4th. Fee waivers are available for Juniors who have completed the application and qualify for free and reduced lunch. Please see Mr. Newfield if you have any questions.
· Ecology Club will meet today at noon in room 907
· If you are interested in joining National Honors Society, there will be a meeting in the library on Friday, September 13th at 12 during lunch.
· Art club is meeting in room 221 on Friday, September 13th during lunch. Bring your lunch.
- Daily Bulletin 9_12_19.pdf (228.44 KB)