Independence High School
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
“Regular Bell Schedule”
· Volleyball today @ Mission Oak. Games @ 4:00, 5:00 & 6:15 pm
· Tennis today vs Frontier – JV @ home and Varsity @ frontier – matches at 3:30 pm
· All Football teams will be taking pictures today after school. Please see your coach for and order form.
· Student store will be open after school to sell various items – they will be open @ 1:45 on Mondays, and 2:45 on Wednesdays and Thursdays
· Community Service Opportunity! "The Trees of Honor" event is held annually at the historic Union Cemetery. Breast cancer survivors and those who have lost their breast cancer battle will be honored at this event. They are looking for volunteers to help tie ribbons on the 1100 trees throughout the cemetery on Saturday, September 28th. Volunteers are needed from 8:00 AM to approximately 1:00 PM. See Mrs. Gillenwater in the counseling office to sign up and for details.Attention all students!
· The CSF Drive for Spring 2019 membership has begun and ends September 19th. You can download an application from the IHS website found under the 'Academics' tab or pick one up from the Counseling office before school, during your lunch or after school only. Remember to attach a copy of your report card or unofficial transcript. You now have the capability to print your own unofficial transcripts from StudentVue. Click on the 'Course History' tab to the left and then the blue 'unofficial transcript' button near the top
· Picture day is this Wednesday for all Freshmen. Freshmen will take pictures in their PE Classes. You must take a picture to be in the yearbook.
· The Pre-SAT will be offered on Wednesday, October 16th here at Independence. The price is $20. Juniors: You may purchase your Pre-SAT at the finance office starting next Monday, September 16th – 20th. Sophomores: Your purchase window will begin the week of September 23rd – 27th. Freshmen: Purchase your Pre-SAT starting the week of September 30th – Oct 4th. Fee waivers are available for Juniors who have completed the application and qualify for free and reduced lunch. Please see Mr. Newfield if you have any questions.
· Hey Class of 2021, if you want to be involved in this year's homecoming come to room 619 this Wednesday, September 11th during lunch.
· The Guitar Club will be meeting every Wednesday at lunch in P - 10.
· All boys interested in joining tennis this Spring season, there will be an informational meeting in room 817 on Wednesday September 11 at 12:00 p.m. .
- Daily Bulletin 9_10_19.pdf (179.51 KB)