Independence High School
Friday, October 25, 2019
“Regular Bell Schedule”
· Congrats to our FS and Varsity Volleyball teams on their win over Ridgeview yesterday.
· Congrats to our FS football team on their win over Wasco yesterday.
· JV and Varsity Football tonight @ BCHS. Come out and support your Fellow Falcons
· Attention Seniors: If you are planning on going to gradnite, stop by the activities office and pick up your permission slip. There are only 100 tickets left. Tickets are currently $125, that price will increase after Thanksgiving Break so get yours now.
· Scholarship Opportunity: The Stockdale Moose Lodge has a Scholarship opportunity for all high school students. Students who complete the program can earn high school Community Service credit, Certificate of Completion. Come to the Career Center for more information.
· We are currently in the middle of our canned food drive for Interact Club. Please bring canned foods to your first period teacher until next Wednesday. Meeting in P-8 at noon to discuss the food drive and upcoming events.
· Falcons Got Talent Try Outs are next Tuesday in the PAC @ 2:45 pm – All applications and fees are due by Monday to the Finance office. Applications are available in the activities office.
· Spanish Club will be selling Day of the Dead grams starting on Monday, October 28 through Thursday, October 31, in the quad. Each gram will be sold for $2. They will be sent to your sixth period class on Friday, November 1st. If you have any questions, ask Senora Mora or Senorita Juarez.
· Did you know that there are over 1000 homeless people in Bakersfield. We need your help to keep them warm this winter season. Starting Monday each 2nd period will be collecting new socks for Socktober! This collection will end the 1st week of November. All socks will be donated to the homeless shelter. The winning class with the most socks gets a donut party! Seniors you can Help the homeless and get community service hours too. 1 pack of socks is 1 hour (Max 2) so bring out the socks next week to your 2nd period!
· fashion club will meet in room 607, on Wednesday, October 30th. during lunch
- Daily Bulletin 10_25_19.pdf (175.04 KB)