Independence High School
Monday, October 28, 2019
“Early Out Bell Schedule”
· Congratulations to the Cross country teams! They competed at Mt SAC on Friday in the biggest CC meet in the world. The sophomore boys took second place which is the highest finish ever for an IHS team! The boys were led by Esteban Cox, Frank Aquino, Cristian Galindo Salazar, Josh Bell, Kyle Guzman, Josh De La Cruz and Jaxon Willard. The girls team did a great job finishing 8th, led by Freshman Elena Baltazar. Alicia Muralles, Hailee Julius, Sidney Muralles, Tori Suarez and Jimena Rocha rounded out the girls team. Way to go runners!
· Boys Basketball Practice this week M-F, JV 5:45-7:15 om – Varsity 7:15-8:45 pm – both practices will take place Stonecreek JR High this week.
· Attention Seniors: If you are planning on going to gradnite, stop by the activities office and pick up your permission slip. There are only 100 tickets left. Tickets are currently $125, that price will increase after Thanksgiving Break so get yours now.
· Seniors! Join the Yearbook Senior Classroom using the code posted in your English class to send us your Senior Quotes, Social Media names and Senior Favorite votes! Deadline is Friday November 1st.
· Falcons Got Talent Try Outs are Tuesday in the PAC @ 2:45 pm – All applications and fees are due by Today to the Finance office. Applications are available in the activities office.
· Spanish Club will be selling Day of the Dead grams during lunch this week in the quad. They will be sold for $2 and will be delivered to your 6th period this Friday, November 1st.
· Did you know that there are over 1000 homeless people in Bakersfield. We need your help to keep them warm this winter season. Starting Monday each 2nd period will be collecting new socks for Socktober! This collection will end the 1st week of November. All socks will be donated to the homeless shelter. The winning class with the most socks gets a donut party! Seniors you can Help the homeless and get community service hours too. 1 pack of socks is 1 hour (Max 2) so bring out the socks this week to your 2nd period!
· fashion club will meet in room 607, on Wednesday, October 30th. during lunch
· We are currently in the middle of our canned food drive for Interact Club. Please bring canned foods to your first period teacher until next Wednesday. Meeting in P-8 at noon to discuss the food drive and upcoming events.
· ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS!! Are you interested in starting your own business? Do you want to learn what it takes to be a great entrepreneur? Come to room 617 on Wednesday during lunch and join us! We want to help you start your business and provide you with great opportunities!
· Nintendo Club will be meeting on Wednesday at lunch. Grab your food & head to room 907
· Ecology Club will be meeting on Thursday at noon in room 907
· Mu Alpha Theta, also known as math club, will be meeting this Tuesday, October 29, 2019, in room 1011 during lunch.
- Daily Bulletin 10_28_19.pdf (161.84 KB)