(Posted May 26, 2021) Adventist Health is now accepting JR Volunteer Applications.
The JR Volunteer Program at Adventist Health has opened and are now accepting new volunteers. Please print the attached information and application and return to the volunteer office. To mail the application the address is listed below or it can be emailed in a PDF format.
P.O. Box 2615
Bakersfield, CA 93303
Note: At this time they will be accepting JR Volunteer Applications on an ongoing process without a specific timeline although, this can change in the future.
- The criteria for becoming a Junior Volunteer are as follows:
YOU MUST BE:
o 15 years of age or older
o A current high school student
o Carrying a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- You agree to have or had already obtained the COVID vaccine
- If you have completed the vaccine process, you will be asked to provide your vaccine card for your compliance file.
- You must be able to wear a surgical mask throughout your time in the facility
- You will comply with the screening and temperature assessment daily
- You attest that you are not currently immunocompromised
- TB Skin Test once accepted to the program
- Flu Vaccine during the flu season
Volunteer assignment hours:
- 6-month commitment (starts from their first day of volunteering)
- 3-Hour Shift once a week
- Assignment schedules: Note: Assignment days/times will vary based on open positions.
- Monday-Friday 4pm-7pm
- Saturday & Sunday
- Sunday-Gift Gallery Hours
Volunteer assignment duties:
- All duties of a volunteers support the care that is given to our patients. This includes but not limited to:
- Gift Gallery: cash handling, customer service, stocking, cleaning
- Non-medical support; talking with patients, getting fresh water, food, warm blanket, etc.
- Giving back to the community and providing a service that is heartfelt and rewarding
- Being in the hospital environment, seeing and hearing the experience of hospital patient care
- Customer Service
- Communication skills
Please note that this is a volunteer program only. No paid jobs are available through the volunteer program; however, Community Service credit will be given upon request.